- Negotiate/approve/recommend/decline, within established guidelines and authorized lending limit, residential mortgage applications.
- Review Credit Information, appraisals and examine property condition and comparable sales used to support the market value.
- Prepare and make considered recommendations to Senior Underwriters, Manager or Senior Directors where residential mortgage application is above authority limit.
- Participate in special projects focused on auditing on supporting less tenured underwriters to ensure compliance standards are met.
- Assess applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine the feasibility of granting loans.
- Successfully trained new recruits on the system and process orientation plan to get them ready for the floor.
- Perform detailed underwriting analysis on conforming loans for credit and documentation deficiencies and determine marketability of each loan.
- Analyze customer’s loan-to-value ratio, debt-to-income ratio, credit report, application, income and assets, source(s) of down payment funds, and supporting documentation to identify potential fraud or misrepresentation.
senior mortgage underwriter
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet production, quality and service standards
- Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review complex financial documents
- Recommended loan approvals and denials based on customer loan application reviews.
- Received DE certification in 2013